Ok, I confess, vacation did me in. I am now out of the habit of going to the gym. But, I’m getting back on track next week. No. Really, I am! I have to. And I have to because I see the signs:
- The button on my suit jacket was screaming at me today. The poor little thing was completely struggling, especially when I was sitting down.
- I have to actually unbutton my pants to take them off and put them on. They were big enough I didn’t have to do that before.
- I look more pregnant than my pregnant friend. How embarrassing is that?
- Going for a walk on break feels like I’ve run the half marathon (and in my mind I have).
- My skinny jeans (I use this term VERY loosely) don’t get past my cheeks anymore. And by skinny I mean the skinniest ones in my closet, they’re still made by the tent and awning company but they’re the smallest I have.
- My socks leave an indention in my ankles, more water, more water, more water, more exercise, more exercise, more exercise.
- On Sunday my Vikings t-shirt looked like I had borrowed it from the 12-year old neighbor girl.
It’s time to suck it up, get back to the gym, shower with the old gals, be squeamish about the lack of grooming and sweat like a fat kid at a candy store with a quarter!