I read a post the other day that got me thinking. Yes, that means my head hurts and there’s smoke coming out of my ears.
I really wondered if I have regrets because I’ve tried to live life without them. I did decide there are a few and I will share, or partially share.
- Ruining a friendship where I had more fun in a few years than one could hope for in a lifetime. This may be one of my only ‘real’ regrets.
- Not taking the chance and going ‘downtown’ Tijuana to party with the locals when I was there for a wedding. Yes, I said a wedding.
- Not hitchhiking before it was dangerous.
- That night with….oh wait…ummm…a couple of…..hmmmm…well, perhaps I’ll leave it at that.
- Not going to concerts at Paisley Park after bar when I had the chance. I never did see Prince in concert.
- Eating that potato salad even after it bugged my tummy the first time. Uff da.
- Not going ‘parking’ enough as an adult. Good make out sessions are definitely a thing of the past.
- Not taking voice lessons, although I’m the world’s greatest singer in the car, everywhere else I can’t carry a tune in a bucket.
- Not laughing more. And I laugh a lot, sometimes even when I shouldn’t.
It is my belief that you can’t live life with regrets, the choices we make form who we become. There really is only one true regret in my list but if that wouldn’t have happened I wouldn’t be where I am today so all turned out well.
Here’s to no regrets and lots of laughs!