I’ve had an eye twitch since sometime in the summer of ’82. Okay, I’m exaggerating, it’s been about two months but it feels like a lifetime. I was going to start writing about it the second week and journal all the places my eye twitch came with me and what it did but that got out of hand very quickly.
There’s so many theories on why an eye twitch happens and a ton of them point to stress which would make sense since my life is one big stress ball, you know,sort of like a hair ball except I never get to cough it up. This is one of the most irritating things I’ve ever been through, imagine sitting in a meeting and suddenly your left eye starts twitching like the Energizer Bunny just got new batteries. Then it looks like I’m having some sort of seizure and the other meeting attendees are looking at me scared.
I started doing research on eye twitches, the results were interesting:
Web MD: They read me my last rights and wished me luck on my remaining days, as they do with everything else. Why is it that the first possibility with them is the worst? No matter what I look up it’s either that I have an incurable disease, I’m going to have to have a limb amputated or my family is going to be wiped out by famine. I really try not to look at Web MD anymore.
Friends: It’s stress, quit two of your jobs. Yeah, can’t do that so let’s move on.
Vision Website: They say there’s eight possible causes:
- Stress – we’ve already covered that
- Tiredness – yup, got that one covered too
- Eye Strain – you mean sitting at a computer for hours a day? Ok, that’s covered.
- Caffeine – oh sweet, back on Mountain Dew after years, got that covered
- Alcohol – lack of or too much? Got both of those covered, depending on the day
- Dry eyes – perhaps sanding in a basement without eye protection, covered here
- Nutritional imbalances – one square meal a day, that doesn’t cover it? ok, fine, got this one covered
- Allergies – which ones? winter, spring, summer or fall? covered
After reading this site I’m surprised both of my eye lids on both eyes aren’t twitching 24/7. It seems I’m just going to go on my merry way and be happy with several minutes of uncomfortable and embarrassing twitches each day and be thankful I’m not losing my eye, losing a limb, dying tomorrow or losing my family to famine.
I will take any suggestions for making it go away other than vastly changing my lifestyle.