It’s April 28th and winter is still here. There’s definitely some kinky stuff going on over at Old Man Winter’s RV. I was on my way to have a little chat with him and Mother Nature but he was running around the yard in leather chaps and Mother Nature was running after him with a whip and what looked like a can of motor oil. I turned around and went home. It seems they’re never going to move along. Who would have thought their choice of a permanent home was Wisconsin? They’re livin’ on beer, cheese and love and we can’t do anything about it.
We’ve had two days of rain, snow, rain, sleet, rain and ice. I worked yesterday and spent the night where I had been working because there was no sense in taking my life in my hands by going out on the sheet of ice they call roads around here. All day today we listened to the 40 to 60 mph winds and rain hit the window. Would have been a great day to snuggle on the couch, do nothing, watch a few movies and eat until we couldn’t move but work had to happen and life goes on even if the weather stinks.
As I look at not only my own Facebook posts but the posts of others I realize we’re all doing a lot of sulking and complaining about the weather. The worst thing is we can’t do anything about it!! I’ve decided I’m going to try to concentrate on things I can do something about and stop being negative about the weather because that carries over into other things. So here’s my plan for the next week, the next month, the next three months……because it is going to be a chilly summer here in the Northland.
- I’m going to rock this chair tonight and watch The Voice like nobody’s business and I’m going to be happy about it. Then I’m going to watch Revenge from last night.
- I’m going to cook. When it’s nice outside I don’t feel like cooking or I grill everything so I’m going to use the oven. Tonight I made stuffed chicken breasts and baby red potatoes. I think enchiladas are on the docket for one night this week as well. Along with cooking the things I’m comfortable with I’m going to try new things.
- I’m going to take this chance at not being able to go outside to get some work done for not only my day job but for Following Funny as well. I have a ‘to do’ list a mile long for both and I really could use to get as caught up as possible.
- I’m going to keep my house in order. Get the basement organized and painted and get rid of some things that are cluttering the place up. I don’t want another critter to make its way to my basement to cause me issues.
- I’m going to organize my notebooks of stories, chicken scratches, notes and funny findings and decide exactly what to do with them. I have all this funny stuff hidden everywhere, including my head and no plan on what to do with it. Watch out.
- I’m going to travel south to warmer weather. By south I mean anywhere from 15 to 500 miles south. When it’s cold here, it’s warmer within about 15 minutes so my goal is to go find the warmth of the sun. My friends who live south of me just panicked as they realized I may be visiting more than usual this summer. Haha, get your guest rooms ready!
In other words, I’m going to stop bitching, get my shit together and make the most of something I have no control over.