Apparently someone nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I appreciate it from a fellow blogger. Broke Wife, Big City was kind enough to pass the nomination on to me. From what I can tell, there are rules to this award, one of which is I have to list 7 random things about me. Here goes the 7 things…..
- I’m a Monday night TV junkie.
- I like to find dive bars wherever I travel to, places where not a lot of people go and you don’t have to worry about what you wear or who you are. This bar will preferably have shag carpet on the walls, two old guys playing cribbage and a crabby bartender that loosens up after he/she “gets to know” you.
- I’m from a small town in central Minnesota, my parents knew what I did about 3 minutes after I did it. You have to love coming home to all the lights on and them standing in the kitchen to have a little chat.
- My Mom once picked me up from a party in her bathrobe, she came in the house asking people where I was. All my classmates saw her. I was never late again.
- I’m deathly scared of snakes, nutcrackers and striped sheets. Don’t ask, I have no idea.
- I would love to travel to Australia.
- I would never kick Jason Aldean out of bed….unless of course he wanted to do it on the floor. I know he’s married but…..a girl has to have one fantasy.
Another rule is to nominate 15 other bloggers for this award. Thank goodness I’ve been reading Freshly Pressed and doing some searching to see what others are up to. Here’s my best shot:
Barb’s Blast – A funny read
Not Quite Old – A great perspective
Minnesota Transplant – God love Minnesota
The Reviews Are In – Love the football and food segments
All Write – He wrote about The Hole in the Wall and I love books
Chuck Cotton – The bacon scenes blog is the best
An Attempt at Humor – Funny
Jen Aussie Adventure – I’m a fan of Australia
Sweet and Weak – Great concept
Coffee and Bare Feet – Not enough kids are willing to be advocates for God
The Biz of Pacelinebiz – Long-time blogger
Changing My Life in a Year (more or less) – A fellow struggler
Elementary My Dear Reader – Love movies and books
What I Meant 2 Say – Honest
Winnemucca Move – My friend Jena who has moved to Nevada and has a great outlook on the situation.
Whew, that’s a lot of information for an award that doesn’t allow me to do an acceptance speech on stage and have the teleprompter tell me to wrap up for 6 minutes until they finally go to commercial. This post will have to do.
Thank you, I am truly honored.
3 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award”
Funny, I just got nominated too, by someone else. My problem is I can’t come up with 15 other nominees. Not because there aren’t some great blogs out there, but I only started a blog and following any this month. Maybe no one will count how many nominees I have if I distract them by wearing a swan dress or something…
Thanks for the mention. Some of your recommendations are new to me, so I’ll be sure to check them out.
Thanks for the nomination. It will take me a while to get 15 nominees but I will do my best to look for some that catch my eye. It is only fair to pay it forward.